Monday, August 10, 2015

The Past 2 Years

Now that you are re-antiquated with my family, let me update you on other aspects of life.

Two years ago we took a huge leap of faith and moved 1200 miles away from home. What a life changing experience that has been! Going from a small town in Wisconsin to the huge urban city of Houston was a total shock. I don't think I realized how different things would be down here. I also had never realized that I truly am a small town girl at heart. To me, having moved to the largest city in little Wisconsin a young adult meant I would be able to thrive in a big city. I've truly learned so much about myself through this experience.

For example, the house that was set to be our rental once we came down here was not what we expected. There were no side walks around it and it was not at all a neighborhood setting. How different that was for the boys and I who were accustomed to enjoying long walks! It sounds crazy but we have moved THREE times in the past 2 years of coming down here. Now we are finally in a nice and safe area, but boy did it take some trial and error to get here. Now I feel as though we know exactly what we want for our family having struggled to find the perfect fit for the past couple years.

The other thing we learned quickly is that crime is much more of a concern in a big city. Once while at a family park my SUV's windows were shattered and everything stolen out of it. I really thought I was in a "safe" area but I guess I was wrong. Crime is never far away, even if you live in a gated community.

Despite the challenges we've had the boys are thriving. They are growing so quickly and I can hardly believe the wonderful personalities that they've developed. The nice thing about living in a big area is that there are countless things to do. We have so much fun exploring and I enjoy seeing them learn new things. Becoming a stay-at-home mom has been a learning experience for me as well! I think I will leave that topic for another post...it needs one of it's own!

I am going to leave you with some photo's of us exploring our surroundings. What an adventure we are on!

We enjoy going on walks at one of the local parks. 


Exploring downtown Houston!

The boys aren't the only ones who enjoy the playgrounds here. ;-)

We spend LOTS of time in the pool...it gets so HOT! 

We practically live at our local splash pad. 

Another great park! 

My little dare devil at one of his favorite parks.

The firefighters in our community are super friendly and let the boys "drive" their trucks.

Franks pizza downtown Houston! The supreme slice got a big thumbs up from me. 


No comments: