Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Jonah ~ Our Little Surprise!


Dear Jonah,

My little “grim” you are such a blessing to me. I was so surprised when I learned of you, I wasn't sure I'd be able to have kids! Pregnancy was not easy for us but you are a healthy baby boy and I am so proud of you for that. The first night I brought you home I held you for the entire night. My eyes filled with tears because honestly the experience of giving birth to you changed me in ways I didn’t know possible.

Every time I look at you I am in absolute awe. Whenever I take you someplace people tell me you are “perfect”…and indeed you do have a handsome little face.






You love to be held and cuddled which your mama adores. Your father and I have nick named you “grim” because of the endearing scowl you give us which reminds us of a gremlin.  You always have a “thoughtful” expression…maybe you’ll be a genius.

We have all the hopes and dreams in the world for you and your brother. Many people have told me they think with your story together you can do something special. I believe they are right.

Love,

Mommy

2 comments:

♥ Helen said...

I am so happy for you with both your boys ❤

Kristine said...

aww Rachel, I am so happy for you and your husband. I know how hard having a family was for you (since I followed a lot your blog during that time) and it is quite amazing to see how much your life has changed in such a short time, even though it seemed like forever!

Your family is absolutely beautiful and I can't wait to them grow! Now the fun stuff begins...haha