Monday, October 18, 2010

A Confession...

I am rather embarrassed to admit this but....

The little trip I took this weekend was the first time in my three year marriage that I've traveled alone and stayed a night away from my husband. Yes, I was the equivalent of a preschooler attending her first sleepover. Sure, my husband has went away for business and we've stayed apart then...but I was always the one at home and he was the one leaving. This time I was the one to leave.

I'm not sure why it took me so long to get to this point. I was always fiercely independent as a teen. I was the one that went on countless road trips by myself, signed up for every class trip and cheerleading tournament available, did the summer camp thing just to get the hell outta town, and was the first of my friends to move into my own apartment...hours away from my parents in a large city. How did I become this person who couldn't stay away from home? Oh my goodness!!

This doesn't have anything to do with my hubster...he encouraged me to do a road trip. I'm hoping that my little mini-trip will be the first of many solo adventures. I forgot how fun it was.

1 comment:

Helen said...

I am glad you took the first step to an "alone-trip" and I hope you will enjoy more of them.
Thank you for inviting me to read you blog. I wish you a happy week :)