Here is the recipe (I use a bread mechine which is totally not cheating in my book!)
- 1 Servings Sizeloaf
- 11 ounces water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 1/4 cups bread flour or 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup cracked wheat (or Red River Cereal)
- 2 1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
Prep Time: 8 mins
Total Time: 43 mins
- Add ingredients to bread bucket in order recommended by the manufacturer.
- Select desired setting. I use the dough setting on my machine. Press "start".
- If you used a regular setting, remove the finished bread when it is finished baking.
- If you used the dough setting, dump the dough onto a floured countertop when the cycle is finished, knead a few times to remove air bubbles, shape into a loaf and place in greased loaf pan. Let rise until doubled or at least somewhat bigger, about 1 hour.
- Bake for 35 minutes in oven preheated to 400ºF.
Confession: I ate 4 slices right away! I just couldn't resist. And my pup Olive was begging to try some so I let him. It gets his seal of approval! ;-)