Thursday, March 18, 2010

Thankful Thursday

Being thankful for what you have…it seems a simple enough concept. Yet I think that most of us struggle with being happy with what we are given in this world of want.

When I take a step back and look at my life I can see how God has blessed me. He has given me a husband who loves and adores me. He has given me a cozy home which I feel safe in. He has given me a job that I love, a nice car, and my dog Olive. He has provided me with opportunities to countless to name. He’s turned tragic events into life changing lessons. There is no doubt I have a lot to be thankful for.

Now before you think that my life is just a walk in the park let me assure you I’ve had my share of demons. Currently, hubby and I would like to start a family but TTC and adoption are slow. I can see the good in this situation…it is teaching me greater patients. But I’ll be honest, there are those days when every blog I read is about a mommy and her kids or every person I pass on my walk has a stroller. And you know what? I wish it was me.

Then I stop to think how crazy this is. WISH I WERE SOMEONE ELSE? I’ve had friends tell me they wish they could find a great guy to settle down with or they wish they could own their own home. And guess what? I have that! How lucky am I? How dare I wish I were someone else or wish I had been handed a different card. This is my life and it is a darn good one if I open my eyes to look at it.

So that is when I stop my pity party folks. Chances are we all have a couple things in life we would change. But aren’t there a world of things to be thankful for?

I'm not sure if there is a purpuse to this post...other then these are the thoughts have been floating around in my little noggin and I wanted to get them out. It puts me at peace to count my blessings. I highly recommend it, it's very therapeutic.

No comments: