Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Operation “Basement Bistro”


The hubster and I are in the process of remodeling our basement. We started it in fall and after a brief winter hiatus we are picking it up again. Our goal is to have it completed this summer.


It is a well known fact that when there is an empty space in our home my imagination runs wild. I dream up a million different scenarios of what I might do with the space.


Something I've been working on is our "basement bistro". That's right, I said it, we will have a bistro in our basement. My hubby has already installed a counter top. We have the bar stools. And look what I bought at Hobby Lobby the other day...


Is the fat chef not adorable?!? I fell in love!


Of course it would have been a sin to not snatch up his brother. ;-)


These cute plates are one of the many reasons I love Hobby Lobby. A "quick trip" into that store has morphed into hours of exploring and creating. Needless to say, if I have a busy week ahead of me I avoid that time trap at all costs. I know that the second I step foot inside it has me for the day.

Do any of you ladies shop at Hobby Lobby? What are your favorite home decor stores?

1 comment:

Anne said...

I love Hobby Lobby!! Most of the time though I wait until the stuff is 50% off to buy it. Those plates are cute, for some reason they make me think of Ratatouille! :)