With that I felt that doing a blog series called "Becoming Vegetarian" would be interesting for those who may be considering going veggie or for those who have a vegetarian in their life. There is so much that I'd like to cover that I decided to split it up into parts. Here are the topics I hope to cover-
- Getting the appropriate nutrients in your vegetarian diet.
- Cooking for your family when they are not vegetarian.
- The benefits to vegetarianism.
- How to deal in social situations.
- My story in going vegetarian...how I started and how I've sustained this lifestyle.
I don't necessarily have to go in any specific order with these topics so if there is one or a few that you'd prefer to read first let me know!
|My deliciously fresh vegetarian sandwich...yum!|
I would just like to add a little disclaimer to this post and the future posts in this series...I do not think that eating meat is morally wrong. I am just not comfortable doing it myself. I do not look down upon meat eaters or their choice to consume animal products. Being vegetarian is a personal decision that everyone has to make for him/her self. Also, I am not a dietitian or a doctor, these experiences are my own and what I have discovered and researched over the years.