Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Working or Staying at Home? The Eternal Question...

I am a working mommy. I spend two days per week as a stylist at a local high end boutique and a few other days running my online women's apparel business. Because of this I feel proud and independent. I am also thankful that I am able to stay incorporated in the world of fashion even as a new mommy. However it is hard. It is a constant balance and at times I long to be a full time housewife and mom. Sometimes I hope that in my rush I am not forgetting to cherish the little moments. My boys will only be young once. Fashion will always be here. I am torn in two different directions. What are your thoughts? Will you be or are you a stay at home mom? Or are you committed to holding a career during motherhood? I am so conflicted! 



2 comments:

Beauty Boss Agnes said...

Ah, the good old days. What can I say - had five children and stayed at home and loved it. Sometimes people cant do it, but somehow we mamaged. I would not have changed it for the world. By the time baby #5 was born I longed for something more, so I sold Avon. At that time I took 4 other children back and forth to school so it was no problem selling. Then my youngest went to school, and by the 4th grade I decided to go back to work....college was looming....After 22 yrs of working I am looking forward to retiring (full circle) but will keep a side home business of jewelry crafting both online and maybe street fairs...I just felt being home with the babies was great...but feel this is an individual and personal opinion and one shoe does not fit all....go with your heart and listen to no one...you will know what's right for you....just my two cents :)

Anonymous said...

I have to have a job to stay sane! I honestly think that having a little time out of the house makes me a better Mom. Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog...now following back :)