1) Faith--with out it I would never be able to handle the curve balls life throws at me. There have been times that I didn't know how I was going to make it but my faith kept me strong. Praying to God each night allowed me to get up the next morning and face the day when otherwise I may have crumbled. To me, faith is absolutely vital to my existence.
2) Family & Friends-- I put these to together because for me they are interchangeable. My husband is my best friend. My siblings and my parents are honestly the dearest friends I have and my close girl friends I literally consider family. I don't have an enormous "inner circle" that is just not my style...but the few I do let in are absolutely priceless treasures that I could never do with out.
3) A career I love-- I technically have two jobs which at times does get stressful. I am working as a stylist at a local boutique as well as trying my hand at my own women's accessory business. I'll admit, at times I wish my personal business was going well enough that I could focus solely on that but working at the boutique is really fun for me. I love making women from all walks of life feel fabulous about themselves.
4) Increased self-confidence-- Having battled depression, anxiety, and an eating disorder I've had my fair share of low points. Now that I've started to mend the past I am feeling so much better about myself. I'm still a work in progress, but these steps towards self-discovery have been amazingly enlightening.
5) My doggy- It's no secrete that I long to be a mother. Olive helps me fill that void. He is my little bubba...yes, I do baby him. Just look at that cutie, you'd baby him too! ;-)
6) A home-- We've lived in our home for about 2 1/2 years now but it still brings me great pride to say I am a home owner. I am so thankful that we are bless with a lovely house...I am guilty of sometimes taking it for granted.
7) The gift of adoption-- It is truly a blessing for my husband and I. Although we haven't been matched with our future child yet we know that God has a plan for our lives. We are eagerly awaiting our phone call!!
8) YOU!!!-- I know I know, this is totally mushy and I'm sure you are hearing the same thing on every other blog. But my blogger followers are simply fabulous. You ladies (and a few 'gents) have been so encouraging to me through out the course of this blog. Whether it be through comments here, emails to me personally, or messages on twitter you ALWAYS are here for me. THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart.
9) The gals at my local coffee bar-- They know my name, they know my order, and most of the time they give me a great deal because I am there every single morning usually twice! Haha, that's right, I am addicted to English Toffee Cappuccino. But that's an entirely separate post.
10) Locally owned businesses-- In this world of rush rush rush it is easy to pop into Walmart or another big chain but when I go to a small "mom and pop" joint I get the feeling of actual down to earth service. I try to support these kinds of stores as much as possible.
Well, there ya have it! My list of blessing this holiday season. What are some things you are thankful for?