Friday, August 21, 2015

Missing My BFF

Tomorrow will be mixed with joy and pain. My dearest friend is pregnant, which is wonderful! She will be celebrating at her baby shower, which is also a great thing. However, I could not make the 1200 mile trip to attend. I didn't expect the pain of missing important life events to be so strong.

This friend is extremely special to me, we graduated high school together and we attended the same college. We were in each others weddings and she is the God Mother to Jason. Needless to say, our bond is strong...but distance has obviously affected it. We keep in touch as best we can and we see each other about once a year. But as an introvert who doesn't have a ton of friends it is very difficult to be so far away from my best friend.

I don't think I will actually cry about missing the baby shower, that's not really my style...but I did feel overcome with emotions as I picked out gifts for a package that I sent to her. I wished I could be at her baby shower, just as she was at both of mine. I pray that I will be closer and able to attend future events of my loved ones. Moving far away is tough stuff...especially for a highly sensitive introvert.


1 comment:

Amber said...

I understand how you feel. My best friend isn't pregnant but she is out in California and I am in Texas. It's hard when we miss so much in each others lives. We talk daily and when she graduated the police academy this past June I was there. But it is hard.